I have a billion small stories I could tell about our trip to VA/NYC. I was planning on blogging a ton about it, but I’m not sure I need to really. I will share a few really quick:
1. The prostitute – That’s right, a workin’ girl came to our hotel room door one night in VA. I look through the peep hole, saw a woman, and figured maybe she needed help. Opened the door and asked if I could help her. She looked at me as if she knew me, and said “yeah”. Awkward silence, and she said “you called me, right?”. Sorry, wrong room…close the door and crack up. And for the record, that would’ve been my response even if my wife and daughter weren’t in the room. 🙂
2. Jacques Torres – We visited the best chocolate shop in the WORLD. Seriously, you have to order some, and try it yourself.
3. Mary Poppins – Thanks to incredible friends/family, we were able to have a night off as parents to go see a Broadway show!!! It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!
4. Two days at the beach on Long Island. Standing in huge waves, allowing the ocean to pelt my legs with large pebbles, and almost dying getting ripped out in the undertow….these were beautiful times.
5. Other things we saw/experienced: Serendipity, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Hot Dogs, Toys R’ Us, The old Lambs’ Club, subway rides, cab ride, Trump Tower, Blake Lewis, Today Show, Dane Cook, TRL, Tiffany’s, Empire State Building, Virgin Records, ABC/NBC Studios, Broadway, Wall Street, NY Stock Exchange, Grand Central Station, Papaya Dog, the Naked Cowboy, The Apple Store, FAO Schwartz, Times Square, Ground Zero, Random Seafood place on Long Island…etc…. 🙂
One final thought/realization before I let you go. We’ve been trying to get Addison to sleep through the night lately. Usually this means allowing her to cry for at least an hour at some point. Last night was unusually more than an hour. I always imagine her in her crib….mad at us for not coming to get her….stewing in anger. I’m always pleasantly surprised that no matter how long she’s spent crying, her response to mommy or daddy is a huge smile, laughter, and wanting to cuddle up close. Lord help this to continue…:)